Logo Sta-Nantee
English Italiano 中文
in Carrara since 1936
Subscribe to our newsletter

66 Poggio Silvestre

The quarry of Poggio Silvestre is a source of top quality white marble classified since the last century and active since ancient times.

Emanuele Repetti, an academic of Georgofili, in the first volume of his "Physical historical gazetteer of Tuscany" of 1833 gives a detailed description (though erroneously quoting the name of the quarry as Poggio Silvestro): "At the opposite side [of the canal of Torano] the quarries of Poggio Silvestro can be seen, which can offer the bardiglio (saccharoidal cyan calcareous) of the Grotta de' Corvi, the beautiful statuary of Zampone, and those which bear the name of poggio Silvestro itself".

Emanuele Repetti, Dizionario geografico fisico storico della Toscana, volume primo, pag.486, Firenze, 1833.



1818
1880
1890
1902
1923
1936
1960
2005
2010
2011
2012
The Duchess Maria Beatrice d'Este and the Betogli quarries.
Ancient techniques of cutting.
The quarry of Poggio Silvestre provides materials for the construction of major projects in Europe.
The construction of Marble Railway is ended.
The tall ships which transported the marble.
From Staminalstone's archives "Il Marmista" by Aldo Scarzella.
Staminalstone begins its history
Aldo Vanelli
buys the quarry 67 Zona Mossa.
Staminalstone acquires the quarry 66 Poggio Silvestre.
Staminalstone marbles are used in luxury and design applications.
Inauguration of Staminalstone China headquarter in Xiamen.
Marble from Staminalstone quarries is used for the construction of Stone Gate.